Getting the most out of your orthodontic care includes taking care of your braces or other orthodontic appliances. Some of the most frequent questions that Dr. Ted Struhs is asked are questions regarding what foods are safe to eat. At 20 Mile Orthodontics Castle Rock, CO, we are committed to providing you accurate education on how you can best care for your orthodontic appliances! Here is a list of foods our orthodontist feels are important to avoid while you are receiving your orthodontic care in Castle Rock, Colorado:
- Chewy foods – such as bagels and licorice
- Crunchy foods – such as popcorn, ice and chips
- Sticky foods – such as caramel and chewing gum
- Hard foods – such as nuts and hard candies
- Foods that require biting into – such as corn on the cob, raw carrots and uncut apples
If you ever experience damage to your orthodontic appliances due to eating certain foods, please contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help provide you a solution. If you have more questions about what food you should avoid during your orthodontic treatment, please do not hesitate to call our office at 720-733-0353 and one of our incredible team members will be happy to assist you.